Friday, December 16, 2011

See I Told You So


See-I are an American via Caribbean reggae outfit that mix the two cultures together to create a modern and diverse update of this traditional island sound. Now residing in Washington DC and associated with the always brilliant Thievery Corporation, See-I are one of the most energetic and motivated reggae groups around. Their self-titled album is a chilled out mix of jazz, rock, funk, and dub influences that when fused together are as tasty as your favorite island inspired drink.

See-I is far from being just another reggae album, it's an urban infused reggae album that has all the chilled vibes you can handle but enough sophistication to elevate it's musical reach. See-I prove themselves to be fine songwriters and musicians throughout this thirteen song tropical excursion and prove that reggae is for everyone...not just fratboys. With memorable songs, incredible playing, and a sound that stands out this is one reggae record that defies it's niche. See-I is the sound of tropical breezes, modern rhythms, jazzy instrumentation, and chilled vibes; it’s reggae music for music lovers.

No comments:

Post a Comment