Friday, December 30, 2011

Folk For 200 Years

What happens when you get Ben out of Six Organs of Admittance and Elisa out of Magic Markers? A whole lot of folk; 200 years worth as a matter of fact. Well, maybe not that much, but that's the name that this dynamic duo goes under and their latest self titled album is most definitely a long trek through the acoustic world of music.

Unfortunately, that's enough for me not to enjoy this record. While Elisa's voice is seemingly beautiful and the gently plucked guitars guide her voice through the centuries that make up their name, the album itself is just a wee bit boring. With just guitar and voice, they chart a course over the span of the album, but I wasn't able to make it all the way through as it was to slow paced and unobtrusive for me to stay focused on it.

I wanted to like this record, but it's just a little too meandering and quiet for my taste. Sorry guys.

No comments:

Post a Comment