Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Meg Baird Bores


Oh Meg Baird...why do you have to be a folk singer? This automatically means bad things in my eyes. Her album Seasons On Earth is a intimate and reflective record that kind of meanders it's way through each of it's songs. Unfortunately for me, it does absolutely nothing to capture my imagination. It might be a humble and quiet record but in this day and age, the last thing I want to listen to is something humble and quiet and so rustic I can almost hear the tumbleweeds. I need escapism, fun, upbeat tunes in my life...and this has none of that.

A bit too moany, a bit too acoustic, and a bit too folky Seasons On Earth is hard for me to listen too. So, my apologies Meg, Seasons On Earth and folk music like this in general, just isn't my cup of tea.

No comments:

Post a Comment