Monday, December 12, 2011

Kina Grannis Climbs A Stairwell


Ok...you know me and singer songwriters, I can't stand them. I just can't handle the whinging, the moaning, or the acoustic guitars. That stuff just makes me want to scream. I hate to say it, but Kina Grannis' new album, Stairwells, falls into that category.

This absolutely adorable artist, coos, sighs, and strums her way across her album, Stairwells, as if her heart was the most fragile thing in the world. It's the sort of record that almost pains you to listen to because of the emotional outpouring that it involves. Unfortunately, I can't handle it all. So much of Stairwells sounds exactly alike to me that even when it's up it seems down. I'm sorry Kina, you seem lovely and your voice seems cute enough to hug...but I just wanna rock. Sorry...but this is one Stairwell I can't climb.

No comments:

Post a Comment