Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Passing Quickly By Luluc


The cover of Luluc's album Passer By pretty much sums up to what this record will do to you...lull you to sleep. Passer By is an unexciting, unergetic record that lilts its way gently across 10 songs barely raising its voice and unobtrusively going about its business. The problem with all this of course is that Passer By is incredibly boring...it does nothing. It just exists.

I've said it for years and I'll say it again...I just don't get folk music. Luluc's Passer By doesn't give me or my ears anything to latch onto. Its just a quiet record that serves its purpose as white noise but does nothing more or nothing less. It just sort of sits there and rumbles along. I'm sorry guys...but I really am just a passer by...quickly moving on to the next record and hoping it wakes me up.

No comments:

Post a Comment